Header Ads Widget

Debt-ridden man puts his ‘son on sale’ to pay dues

debt-debt-ridden-man-son-sale

In a shocking incident, a debt-ridden man in India was forced to put his minor son on sale as he was unable to repay the loan he took from a moneylender to buy a property.

Rajkumar, an e-rickshaw driver from Uttar Pardesh’s Aligarh was spotted at the Roadways bus stand along with his family with a board around his neck.

“My son is for sale, I want to sell him,” the board read. Rajkumar reportedly sought some Rs 6 to 8 lakh in exchange for his son to pay his loan.

According to media reports, Rajkumar borrowed Rs 50,000 from a loan shark to buy a property. However, later the moneylender manipulated him and turned him into a borrower due to which Rajkumar lost both his money and the property.

Read more: SECP blocks 120 Online Loan Apps in Pakistan 

“The moneylender often harassed and humiliated me in front of my kids. He even threw me and my family out of the house. My e-rickshaw, the only means of supporting my family, had been taken away. I’ve been visiting the local police station for days for justice, but no FIR was registered,” TOI quoted Rajkumar as saying.

On the other hand, Aligarh Police claimed the matter was resolved with the consent of both parties.



from ARY NEWS https://ift.tt/J6yHstM
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0 Comments